Wednesday 21 September 2011

Creating a website

Prof S K Ramachandra rao trust has recently launched a website www.profskr.com created by my son Maitreya Jagalur. I happen to be the daughter of Prof. SKR. The website gives lot of information about my father, his works, books which have been published, the audio cds that have been recorded, photos of his sculptures and paintings etc.. I hope this website will help those who want to know more about him.

Maitreya's friend Avinasha used to come home often and he helped Maitreya with the designing. We had a lot of fun together making the website. Avinasha coming home, having dinner at our place, me trying out new recipes.. It is unforgettable.

We launched the website on 4th Sept at the Indian Institute of World Culture. Sri Chiranjeevi Singh formally launched it. Girish Karnad ,Mathoor Krishnamurthy, Yellappa Reddy and others spoke on the occasion. A few of my fathers friends and students also spoke on that occasion.

Maitreya and I really enjoyed creating the website. He designing so effortlessly and me, giving suggestions, seemingly rediculous suggestions which he ingenuously incorporating it, It was so absorbing and interesting. Me.. a computer ignoramus learnt a wee bit of the possibilities of using the computer. Hence I have ventured to write a blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment